Friday 27 September 2013

Some Good Things....

....and some not so fun things.

To be honest, I am not even sure what to say about this past week. So much has happened....so I might as well start at the beginning.


Last week I started my HIGH dose of steroids to help combat my increasing MS symptoms. Three days of the second highest dose of steroid you can get. I am only in there for an hour a day. But man are they quite the drug. Thankfully nothing like the last time that I had them, but still not a fun drug to take. (Trust me there are fun drugs out there to take and that is not one of them.) Day 1,2,3 were ok. I felt kind of gross on the last day from it. Then day 4/5 came around and I woke up on Monday morning and I had felt like I was gotten hit by bus. My face was all puffy from the drugs, even my eyes which was a new one for me. But I felt so gross, I went to my first class and by 1130 I was exhausted. Tuesday I woke up and felt like I had gotten hit just by a small car or something. But was alright.

However, my arm did look like this. This past week I have at 8 pokes from IV's and my regular medications.

Well I have learned a few things this week about myself and other things....and in no particular order.

1. Cab drivers in London, England are much more polite. They will come open the door for you, help you with your bags and give you a "Hello, how are you?" In Vancouver....not so much

2.  I love mud. But I think you knew that already. I also really love adventures. Last weekend Christie, Anna and I had an adventure.

3. My brain still shuts off at 1:00 like clockwork.

4. Oh, I like tea. I didn't know it could be good until a few weeks ago. However it also makes my body warm so its a give and take thing and I have enough heat going on with MS tea doesn't always help.

5. I really like the beach. Yesterday my family came and met me at UBC and took me into Vancouver we went for supper and then walked along the beach. It was beautiful and I just love watching the sailboats and huge freighters passing by.

6. I am really looking forward to having October done school wise I mean.

7. I also think I've decided my second favourite season is fall. Brings back so many good memories. Like playing in leaves at old abandoned houses, triking up on Tabor Mountain and playing with bear spray, playing along the river when I was little and like 2 weeks ago. I love the smell of fall. I really like the temperature at night. I love the way that the trees look all yellow, orange and wonderful. Good memories associated with fall. Hopefully more to be made this one too.

8. I love drugs that help me sleep. Last night I had a great sleep. Today I got a prescription for something that should help too. I probably shouldn't be quite so excited but I am. Sleep is important.

9. I really appreciate friends who pray for me. I got two messages this week tell me that they were praying for me, or if there was anything they could pray for. It made me really happy.

10. I also really appreciate having friends who also have MS. Not that I wish it on anyone, but I am glad to have friends who really truly get it. One of them I spend most of the day with today. She is great. Not that either of us were feeling all that perky it was nice to see her.

I am ready to go home. It has been a long tow days. Treatment days are long and tiring. But soon, just waiting for my flight.

Thanks for reading. :)

Here for an update on my hospital visits and what is going on with that... HOSPITAL VISIT_DAY337


Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment