Sunday 15 September 2013

I Decided Today....


I decided today, as I was grocery shopping... I was on a mission, I was looking for vegetables, I wanted to make stir fry. I bought the sauce for it the other day and today was the day. 
I also co-wrote a paper today.. spend 5 hours on a Saturday sitting up at the uni in a quite perfect spot mind you writing a paper. I did have fun... However, today I decided....as I walked into the giant fridge, if I could live in a fridge I just might.

I can't quite believe that it has only been a week since school has started, so much has happened if I didn't think about it very hard I could fool myself into thinking that it has been at LEAST a month, or more.

Classes started on Monday and Tuesday. Then I have clinical 2 or 3 days of the rest of the week. I have 2 speciality areas, Gerontology (working with the elderly) and Mental Health. We do clinical practicum for 6 weeks at a time. It is going to be a busy semester, long, full of work, papers, midterms, assignments etc. However I am also trying and doing my best to stay on top of things.

This week I also went to the gym a few times this week.. and also went extremely blind. But I don't mean blind as in I can't see anything its more like a combination of these three pictures along the side. Its's not a dangerous thing, but it is just irritating.

I also caught up with the MS nurse this week. I had gone to see her to ask a few questions about my eyes and fatigue, but as I was sitting waiting for her my hands were hurting too much and I figured I would rather cry not in front of her office so I went home. A few days later my uncle and her found me on my clinical day and we talked. She saw my neurologist the night before at a presentation. They had talked a wee bit about me. They figured that I maybe should try steroids again.
 Oh, I haven't talked about my steroid experience have I? Well last time I took them, it is a 3 day experience, 1hr day trip to the hospital. I cannot say that these are my favourite thing. And no I'm not going to get jacked on them, bummer right? It does however make me feel terrible for 6/7 days, awful metallic taste, achy bones, nauseous, I get extremely anxious, irritable and wired. Last time my aunt thought a movie would be a good idea after my treatment... we got half way through it and the female actress was driving me NUTS! I was pacing back and forth in the living room, shaking a little bit. I couldn't handle the rest of the movie so I just went to bed.

So this time I am hoping that things will be better, I know what to expect now, how to get rid of the taste, etc. So this Thursday, Friday and probably Saturday I will spend at least an hour or so attached to my IV pole not feeling great.

I would love to say that I haven't had a tear sesh yet this year, but I have... granted it was only 3 or 4 tears and my friend thought I was faking it... which at first I was, but it was tears that had been coming for that whole day. It was a combination of missing clinical for dr. appointment, my eyes, the pain in my hands, the anticipation of school and all of the work. But it quickly passed and I snapped back into it and my friend made fun of me. 
What I did get from that fridge.
My supper!
But this whole story is why, I decided that living in a fridge, or at least for a little while...it felt really nice to be in such a cool place. It made my hand feel great, my body wasn't freaking out. It was really nice. So as i walked out of the fridge I decided that it would be sweet to live in a fridge... at least for a few minutes. :)

I really appreciate all you guys who read this, it means a lot. I do get excited to see the numbers on the side go up as days go on...I love hearing my mom tell me that her friends are looking for a blog update and want more specific prayer requests. Which I will update today.. there are a few. :)
But thank you again, I really appreciate the support and the encouragement that those of you give me.
I will continue to update my blog and prayer requests a little more often if I can. When I am not writing a paper or planning a presentation or studying for a midterm. 
My brain break...playing in the mud.



I hope you guys have a great day. 
Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment