Tuesday 6 September 2016

FOUR

My MS has officially reached its fourth anniversary.

The other day I was talking to one of my cousins and they informed me that one of their friends had just passed from cancer. It was after a conversation we were having in which discussed how we felt sorry for ourselves for having an illness or being in an unfortunate condition.
It was after that point that I rechecked my thinking towards MS and remembered that as much as I hate it sometimes, I am thankful that it is "just" MS.

Unfortunately it isn't always sunshine and butterflies with many diseases. But I really can only tell you about MS. It is hard and frustrating some days. Some days it plays a huge part in my life. Other days I only notice it for some parts of the day.
In saying that I am thankful....

That I can wake up every morning in my own bed. Not the hospital.
That I can eat food without puking. Cause my treatment makes me nauseous.
That I can walk on my own. And my diseased hasn't progressed so I cannot.
That I can still work. Even though it's often only part time.
That I can look after myself. Most of the time. ;)


I am thankful that I have been healthy enough to keep living my life. And living as full as I can. Going on adventures, car trips, camping trips, cabin trips, wake surfing, playing sports, maintaining friendships.

So yesterday marked my fourth year having MS. It scares me to think that fourty years down the road it won't be this well managed. But maybe then they'll have found a cure. I don't know what the future will bring. And it does terrify me especially when I think about getting married, having kids, supporting myself and possible family  and thinking about how this disease will affect every part of that.

 I have so much to be thankful for. And all I really can do is live each day the best I can. 
"Live life full"


 Spend great moments with people you love. 
That was this "fourth" year of MS.

Great moments with people I love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment