Wednesday 3 June 2015

1000 Days and Counting

One thousand days sounds like a really long time. It sounds much longer than 2 and a half years. But it's true. I was officially diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis on September 5, 2012. 
So much in life has changed since that day, I have learned so much about myself, my friends, my family. There is part of me that wishes I could say I haven't changed since that year. When I lived carefree. Didn't have to think about how one evenings decision could affect my life 3 days from now. I wish I didn't struggle to stay awake past 7pm on a regular basis. I wish I didn't feel like the flakier friend on the planet when it comes to making plans with me that don't coincide with my energy levels. 
I wish I could say that my life hasn't changed much since then, but it has. Inside and out. I've become so much more aware of my decisions in life, who I choose to spend time with, what I do for fun, work or relaxation. 

This week I've been at UBC hospital for the past 3 days getting an unroutine dose of steroids. They are not as glamorous as they seem. But they tend to do the trick when it comes to giving me back some energy. I would say major days I function at about 60%. But with them I come up to about 90% normal energy level. 

I also have a HUGE test next week that I am mildly freaking out about. This is one of the most important tests I will ever write. So I would love your help, and prayer. I have failed my fair share of tests in the past. And not that failing this one would be the end of the world. But I would really not like to cross that bridge. So... I write my exam June 10.

1. Energy
2. Focus to study the last bit of material for my exam 
3 CONFIDENCE 
4. Good sleep before the test 
5. I would be able to read and understand the questions to the best of my ability 

Thank you for taking the time to read and pray for me as I come closer to writing this exam! 

Kate 
Hoping I don't have this moment! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment